1. Which of the following is not a greenhouse gas?
2. Which detergents are used in hair conditioners?
(c) Non ionic
3. BOD is
(A) Waste decomposed in 5 days
(B) Oxygen used in 5 days
(C) Microorganisms killed in 5 days
(D) Dissolved oxygen left after 5 days
4. SO2 causes
(a) Respiratory and lung disease
(b) Acid rain
(c) Corrosion of building material
(d) All of the above
5. Which of the following is present in maximum amount in acid rain?
b)H2 SO 4
d)H2 CO 3
6. Aerosols present in air are
(a) Negatively charged
(b) Positively charged
(d) Combination of all of the above
7. Which of the following is not involved in the formation of photochemical smog?
8. Which of the following has greatest affinity for haemoglobin :
9. Pollutants released from iron and steel industry are
d)CO2,NO and SO3
10. Which of the following is the coldest rexampleion?
11. Which of the following does not cause water pollution?
(a) Heavy metals such as Hg, Pb, Cd
(c) Chemical effluents
12. What is most harmful for life on globe?
(B) Soil erosion
(C) Increasing desert
(D) Nuclear fall out
13. White lung cancer is caused by
14. Fluorosis, the base disease is caused by the presence of
(A) Pesticides in water
(B) Fluoridesis in water
(C) CO in air
(D) SO2 in air
15. Which of the following pollutants is not emitted during volcanic eruptions?
16. Which of the following is the uppermost rexampleion of the atmosphere?
17. The size of particulates of H2SO4 fog lies in the range
(a) 5 – 100 nm
(b) 100 – 500 nm
(c) 500 – 1000 nm
(d) 1000 – 10,000 nm
18. Which of the following statement is false?
(a) London smog is oxidising in nature
(b) London smog contains H2SO4 droplets
(c) London smog is formed in winter
(d) London smog causes bronchitis
19. Aerobic oxidation is caused by
(a) Aerobic bacteria in presence of excess of oxygen
(b) Aerobic bacteria in absence of oxygen
(c) Anaerobic bacteria in presence of oxygen
(d) Anaerobic bacteria in absence of oxygen.
20. Which of the following is not a greenhouse gas?
21. Choose the wrong statement/s
(a) CO2 is responsible for greenhouse effect
(b) CO2 can absorb infrared radiation but does not allow them to pass through
(c) NO is less harmful than NO2
(d) Acid rain contains mainly HNO3
22. Lake containing excess of nutritious substances are called
(a) Polluted Lakes
(c) Dead Lake
(d) Green Lake
23. Ozone in the stratosphere is deleted by
24. Which of the following is responsible for eutrophication of lakes?
25. The smog is essentially caused by the presence of
(A) O2 and O3
(B) O2 and N2
(C) Oxidise of sulphur and nitrogen
(D) O3 and N2
26. Ultraviolet radiation is absorbed by
27. Environmental pollution affects
(a) Biotic components
(b) Human beings only
(c) Plants only
(d) Biotic and abiotic components of environment