1. Candidates need to attempt the JEE (Earlier AIEEE) Paper 2 for admission to B.Arch or B.Plan programs.
2. Paper 2 of JEE (Earlier AIEEE) consists of Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawing for B. Architecture and B. Planning in offline mode.
3. The Paper Pattern is as follows:
|Parts||Type of Questions||Marks|
|Part I – Mathematics||Objective||40 Q x 4 marks = 160 marks|
|Part II – Aptitude Test||Objective||40 Q x 4 marks = 160 marks|
|Part III – Drawing Test||Drawing||2 Q x 35 marks = 70 marks|
Part – I
Aptitude = 40 questions x 4 marks = 160 marks
Maths = 40 questions x 4 marks = 160 marks
- Awareness of persons, places, Buildings, Materials.
- Objects, Texture related to Architecture and building environment.
- Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings.
- Visualizing different sides of three dimensional objects.
- Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal).
Part – II
Drawing = 2 questions x 35 marks = 70 marks
- Three dimensional – perception: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, color texture, harmony and contrast.
- Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil.
- Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, subtraction, rotation, development of surfaces and volumes, Generation of Plan, elevations and 3 D views of objects.
- Creating two dimensional and three dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms.
- Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urbanscape (public space, market,festivals, street scenes, monuments, recreational spaces etc.), landscape (river fronts,jungles. gardens, trees, plants etc.) and rural life.